Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Don't underestimate your kids
This is what I learned yesterday: Don't underestimate my kids. We went on a hike last night for family hour. We had a blast. I told Lance not to expect too much from the kids. I brought the stroller for Bart and Blake and I was hoping Lincoln and Molli would just be able to keep up. We went up by 2nd Damn and did part of the Crimson trail. So we got to the trail and Blake decided he wanted to walk or should I say sprint the trail. He sprinted, uphill, on the trail for a good 45 minutes. Lance and I could not believe it. He wasn't even winded! Molli ran most of the time too. She is very competitive and was determined to be the first to wherever. I can tell Molli and Blake take after Lance. They weren't really concerned about looking at the view or enjoying the walk. To the three of the them the hike was really a race. Lincoln, Bart and I kept each other company. We walked briskly up the trail and enjoyed every minute of it. It was a wonderful night. The kids kept an eye out for bears and I kept an eye out for snakes. I learned a lot about how wonderful my kids are and I absolutely loved watching Lance sprint the trail with the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that sounds so fun. Isnt it amazing how family makes life so enjoyable. It is crazy how every stage of children growing up is fun (and difficult) love you guys
So your kids hiked the CRIMSON TRAIL!!! I am shocked!! How did you do it? That thing is hard alone, let alone having Blake to carry the whole way!! You'll have to keep them doing that, GREAT EXERCISE
Thats great alycia. Im glad its nice enough over there that you guys can get out. I cant wait to see you guys next week. love ya
Post a Comment