I am just wondering how this is fair? We, Lance and I, have this battle every night. Blake decides he wants to wake up in the middle of the night and sleep on my head. I cannot for the life of me see why he thinks this is more comfortable than his bed. For one, our bed is very uncomfortable. You know the beds that bend in the middle, that is our bed. Also, Blake freezes. I know he has to be cold because he is huddled on top of my head without any covers. When I realize he is on my head and decide to put him in his bed he will throw a major temper tantrum. Last night for 2 1/2 hours I tried to be like Super Nanny. Very firm. I would get up, bring Blake to his bed, tuck him back in and go back to bed. He would then get up screaming at the top of his lungs throwing his body around in the hallway. He would eventually make it to my room where he would continue to scream. This ritual went on and on. Eventually he stayed asleep. Well, it is now 10:00 am. He is still asleep. I have done everything to wake him up. We took Molli to school. I sat him up on the couch. I've tried and tried to wake him up. No, he is dead asleep. Now Lance and I are not. We are awake, with another night under our belts of not sleeping. I am just wondering how this is fair? We decided that even Super Nanny could not help us.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does Super Nanny have a question section where you can send in questions? I think that she should. That would be a GREAT question. I am so sorry to hear that, I think my kids are afraid of me at night, they NEVER bother me...Newell is another story!! Best Wishes
I am sorry to hear that. I know how you feel though. For 4 nights now I have had to be in Salt Lake for conferences with work and Addy has slept in the bed with Dustin and I. She normally sleeps wonderfully but those nights all night long she sat on my head and patted my head and pulled my hair and nose. when I tried to put her by Dustin she just crawled over the top of him and back to patting me. Needless to say I got no sleep those nights. So I dont know if there is any way to keep him in his room but Addy sleeps much better when she is by herself. Good luck
Post a Comment