Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Molli

This seems like a good time to sit down and blog.  I've got 50 minutes until it is time for the kiddies to go to bed.  Molli is reading, Lincoln is building with his legos, and Blake and Bart are in a heated game of Angry Birds.  I am tempted to just sit and watch the happiness that is flowing through the room right now, but I think I will try to multitask and write while I watch. 
I wanted to blog tonight about Molli.  I thought the best way to catch up on my lack of blogging would be to highlight one of my sweet kids at a time.  It has been fun to watch Molli this past year.  She had such a great 5th grade year last year.  Now she has entered the realm of Middle School.  It is hard to believe she is now a 6th grader.  I remember being in 6th grade and feeling so mature and old.  Molli on the other hand is determined to enjoy her youth and resents the pressure to grow up too fast.  I totally love it.  I wish that I had her self assurance of her being when I was her age.  I love how she knows who she is and that she only wishes that others were more like her in accepting their youth. :)

Molli decided to play the trombone this year.  Since we had a trombone (ask Lance about it, you will see a very cute squirmy face) Molli decided that she would try it out.  She knew that she did not want to be in the choir.  The only downfall she could see to band was that she wasn't going to get to be in P.E.  What I would,  have given to not have P.E. in 6th grade!!  Anyway, she seems to be doing well with the trombone.  The biggest pain would be lugging the trombone around on the bus, but she is adjusting.  She is still taking piano and has a real natural talent for it. 

Molli made the Logan Lightning Softball team.  This was quite the accomplishment.  She tried out for the team and totally loves the practices and promises of softball tournaments galore in the spring.  This team has really stepped it up a notch from what she has previously played and she seems to be embracing it.  She does love the game of softball. I am having flashbacks of spending my summers watching Mary and Audrie play softball.  I can totally see Molli at one of those games.  Maybe that is where she gets it from....

Middle school seems to be going well for Molli.  I was worried at the beginning of the year that she was having a hard time keeping track of homework and staying on top of her school work.  When I went to parent teacher conferences I realized that those fears were not needed.  As usual she is flourishing at school, and really seems to be getting the hang of the changing of classes and the increase in homework. 

I have always known how blessed I was to have Molli.  I have always loved her ability to be the best big sister of three brothers that there could ever be.  I bet not many brothers have a sister who encourages the love of super heroes, monster trucks and football.  I was able to have a Mommy-Daughter date with Molli the other day and it reminded me that even though she would rather throw the football with Dad than paint her nails with Mom, that we have a special connection that I just love. 

We all love our Molli. 

No comments: