Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time Together


My sister Audrie has moved to New Mexico. She was up in Kemmerer for a few days and so we met up in Bear Lake for a day. She is so sweet to always make time to see me and the family. The kids sure do love seeing her. Maybe one of these days we will make it to New Mexico to visit her and Luke, but we won't hold our breath! :>)

On our way home we stopped by Pat's Hollow. I had never been there and I am so grateful that Lance took us up to see it. It is up in the mountains by Beaver Mountain. It is a plane crash site where about 40 Korean war veterans crashed on their way home from the war. It was very humbling to go there. I am so grateful for all of our war veterans and our military who protect our country. These brave men fought for our country, only to lose their lives when they were so close to being home. It is a mystery to me why some things happen the way they do. I only hope those men, and all military, know how indebted we are to them for their bravery and service.

Lance has great memories of catching fish under some thick grass along the beaver creek when he was a kid. Well, they attempted to catch some fish with their hands, but came up empty handed. :>) I was proud of the kids for tromping through the freezing cold water to try to catch some fish.

No comments: