Monday, February 11, 2008

crafting winter away



Winter is so incredibly long!! So what do I do? I craft. For Christmas Lance bought a scroll saw for me. With the help of family and friends I am learning how to use it. My friend Alicia showed me this cute seasonal ladder that I have made. I have made my own trinkets to put on it. It has been a lot of fun. The whole family has come up with ideas for me to do.

I also made Welcome signs for some of Lance's sisters. The signs have a different decoration for each month. That was also a lot of fun. I loved seeing how Lance's sisters decided to paint them. It is cool to see different personalities come out through crafting.

I am also trying to update my scrapbooks. The kids absolutely love looking through them. It makes me feel like I have not wasted all of my time scrapping when I see how much they enjoy them. They love seeing pictures of themselves and knowing they have their own special book just about them. The other day Molli, Lincoln and Blake were all looking at their books together. It was very cute. I have decided though that I need to scrap a little for Lance and I. Eventually the kids will take their books when they get older and I would like to have some memories for Lance and I to keep with us.


1 comment:

Alisha said...

You are so creative. Great job! Welcome to blogging.