And here comes Bart! He is the cutie that brings lots of joy and cuddles to our lives. Very innocently he will inform me that he is the favorite because he is the littlest. The whole family does seem to have an extra place in their hearts for Bart. Bart knows just how to make everyone feel loved and important.
Bart started Kindergarten this year. Lance and I debated back and forth about whether to send Bart to Kindergarten. He literally turned 5 the day before school started. We sent Bart to a summer school at Wilson and that seemed to help prep him for what was to come. It was helpful that Blake went to Kindergarten last year, so Bart kind of knew what to expect. He was the shining star of summer school according to Mrs.Palmer. We decided to go ahead and send him.
I think it was a given that Mrs. Palmer would be Bart's teacher. She has been very sweet and helpful with Bart. I feel that overall he is really doing well at school. He seems to be grasping the new concepts and is always willing to do his work, at school and at home. I think the hardest part about school is that Bart is so hard on himself. He gets very emotional when he feels like he is not writing correctly. I personally feel like he is making great strides. I keep telling him that the reason he goes to school is to learn and that he is not expected to be perfect. I guess for a perfectionist that is hard to understand. I have been able to go and work in Bart's class 2 days a week. It has really been a neat experience. I love getting an insight as to how his day goes at school. Bart makes me feel loved when he is so happy that it is the day I get to go to school with him.
Bart has a certain toughness about him. He may be the littlest, but he is not the wimpiest [not that I would rank my kids by their wimpiness ;)] . He holds his own when it comes to any type of sport. When I signed the boys up for wrestling Bart was still too young. They said he could go out there still, and boy did he ever. He actually really liked wrestling and tried his best at doing all of those hard wrestling moves even as high school wrestlers were running and working out beside him! He is really looking forward to when I can sign him up for flag football next year. He watched and studied Blakes games, he has been practicing with the family, and he just loves to play in general. I think he will really enjoy football next year.
I think the best thing about Bart is that he will be tough and go play a game of football and then he will go give his Dad a hug and tell him he loves him. I think that Bart is a very strong boy, yet a very loving and caring boy. It is hard to find boys with both of those traits. Our whole family benefits from his strength and love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment