Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer is ending :>(

Summer is coming to a close and that makes me sad! Although I have to admit that I love the Fall, I also have to admit that I do not like the winter. The kids are starting school next week and they are very excited. I am very sad. I will miss having them with me, especially Molli. I know it is a fact of life and I am glad that she is so excited to go back and see her friends.
With the end of the summer we have been trying to play and have some fun and accomplish a few things along the way.


I have begun the canning season. I think I have made enough jam. This summer Molli and I made Strawberry, Strawberry/Rhubarb, Apple, and finally Apricot. I am looking forward to harvest season. It is a really fun time. Our corn has gotten very big and it is almost ready to pick! Yea!



The kids decided they needed to play with the little pool today. They had so much fun. They were also spraying down the trampoline and jumping away. I promised the slip n slide tomorrow. Good Times!



Uncle Jeff is staying with us while the Bob Balling bunch are visiting Karl. So far so good. He has been really sweet and has adjusted well to our noisy crazy family.
I hope everyone is enjoying their last week of sun and fun.


No comments: